Uniforms at Atlanta Classical Academy
Atlanta Classical Academy requires students to wear uniforms to eliminate distractions, to level the playing field, and to remind ourselves that we are doing important work.
The requirement is for students to dress according to the appropriate uniform boards below and also to adhere to these dress-related regulations.
The founding uniforms team worked to ensure that uniforms are comfortable, attractive, durable, and affordable. The School has selected vendors (Dennis Uniforms and Land’s End) after carefully considering their reputation for excellent customer service. Both vendors have Spanish speaking customer service representatives.
** Before ordering online, parents are highly encouraged to have the uniform boards in hand. **
- Both vendors offer frequent sales.
- Expect your first order of monogrammed items to have a longer delivery time than what we will have in the future.
- When selecting sizes, please consider that our children are growing!
- For 5th to 12th grade girls, the navy gabardine and high school plaid skirts also come in a +4 inches option. If you found yourself going up in size to achieve a longer length but the waist was too big, the +4 option allows you to get the waist size that works best and the needed length.
- For boys, uniform (polyester/cotton no iron, reinforced knee) khaki pants & shorts from Buckhead Uniform or Mills are authorized.
- Middle school boys will now have the option to wear shorts during the months of April/May and August/September. Pants are still the required uniform the remainder of the school year.
- Students will have the option to wear mostly light blue athletic shoes in addition to the currently approved colors.
- All clothing must be clean, reasonably pressed (though we have carefully selected items to minimize the need for ironing), not torn, and in properly fitting condition. Extremely oversized or undersized uniforms are not acceptable. If a child is not wearing the appropriate uniform, or the condition is deemed unacceptable, the parent will be notified and a change of clothing may be required for attendance that day.
- Students are permitted to wear their own outerwear to and from school and at recess. Only uniform items may be worn in the classroom or in the hallways during school. Students may purchase uniform outerwear (sweaters and fleece) to be worn in the classroom, but these items are not required.
- An optional fleece lined rain jacket from Lands End has been added to ACA uniforms. The rain jacket will be available to both lower and upper school students. The rain jacket is deemed as outwear and will not be allowed in the classrooms.
- If you do not use credit cards, Atlanta Classical Academy will order the uniforms for you and you can purchase them from Atlanta Classical Academy. Please email if you need assistance.
- If you need financial assistance with uniforms, or you need a payment plan, contact email@example.com. We will ensure that the costs of uniforms are not prohibitive for any family.
- The uniform store will be open periodically throughout the year. Families can purchase “experienced” uniforms at a discount. Donations are accepted at the front office and through donation drives. Donors can choose from a voucher to use in the uniform store or a donation receipt.
Please email the uniform committee if you have any questions.