ALL cars in the afternoon carpool line must have an Atlanta Classical Academy carpool hangtag visible on the rearview mirror. Cars without the hangtag MUST park, walk in the front office with identification, and retrieve your student. The safety of our students is always our first priority. If you need additional Atlanta Classical Academy carpool hangtags, please email email@example.com.
Please note: morning drop-off begins at 7:15 a.m. Please do not drop off your child before this time. If you believe there are extenuating circumstances, please contact Mr. Richter at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also arrange to carpool with other families in the area through our Carpool Directory.
During drop-off and pick-up, please be courteous of our neighbors and of other drivers and students. When reaching the carpool line, please file in behind other cars in the back of the line to wait for your turn. Stay to the right-hand side of the lane and turn on hazard lights.
- Please do not turn left onto the school property when heading west on Moores Mill Road.
- Please help us be good neighbors by not blocking the entrances to Mooregate Square and Mill Walk communities along Moores Mill Road.
- No u-turns or turning around in the Mooregate Square or Mill Walk community entrances, or in the City of Atlanta facility parking lot across Moores Mill Road from the school. Cars may turn around on Ivanhoe if they go to the cul-de-sac at the end, but please go slowly and do not turn around in driveways or the middle of the road. The preferred route is to drive around the block (Northside Drive to Northside Parkway to Moores Mill Road) to get to the school.
- No dropping off or picking up of students in any parking lots, including the south lot (employee parking).
- No student shall exit your car before reaching a numbered cone during morning drop-off.
- Make sure your carpool hangtag is displayed in your front window and keep it displayed until your child has been loaded into your car.
- Always obey traffic safety officers.
- If your student does not arrive at the loading zone before you do, you will be instructed to move to the five-minute waiting area while your child will be called again.
- Fast Passes: We have several “Fast Pass” holders from the last auction and for frequent Lunch Bunch volunteers. There are designated hangtags for this purpose. Please allow cars displaying this tag to enter the carpool line ahead of you when they turn in from Northside Drive. Please also be aware of cars with VIC tags (seen here) that are permitted to cut the line and enter the school from Northside.
Thank you for helping us to be safe and efficient with our carpool operations.