The following will be considered excused absences:
- Absences for medical reasons
- Absences for religious holidays
- Absences for mental or emotional disabilities
- Pre-arranged absences of an educational nature that are approved by the Principal (e.g., visits to colleges for high-school students; scheduled, performance-related activities)
- Attendance at any school-sponsored activity
- Bereavement (please notify the school if absence will extend beyond three days).
For every day absent, the student will have one day after coming back to school to make up the work missed. The school may require suitable proof of excused absences, including written statements from medical sources. Other absences will be considered unexcused absences.
Students who have 5 unexcused absences or 5 tardies at any time throughout the school year may not be permitted to:
- Participate in school field trips
- Attend school dances
- Receive student-of-the-quarter or honor or high honor roll awards
- Serve on student government,
- Participate in extra-curricular activities and programs,
- Participate in school sports
Please refer to the Family Handbook, pages 23 – 24, if you have any questions.