A long-term capital campaign to prepare Atlanta Classical Academy for an enduring K-12 campus.
“If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” – Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
At Atlanta Classical Academy we stand on the shoulders of…
- …giants of the Western tradition – from Plato’s writings on political philosophy, to Aristotle’s study of virtue, to the Founding Fathers and their struggle to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.
- …the visionaries in our Atlanta community – who gave birth to the idea of a K-12 public charter school focused on developing students in mind and character based on the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility.
- …the many Cavalier families, friends, faculty and staff – who responded with enthusiasm and gave generously in 2014 to launch our classical school and again in 2016 to build with purpose toward a more permanent home.
Atlanta Classical Academy exists to form intelligent, virtuous citizen-leaders. To be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school that serves its students and the City of Atlanta with excellence requires a facility with specific attributes:
- It must meet the practical needs of a 700-student, K-12, urban school.
- It must elevate the community toward the important calling intrinsic to classical education, namely, the pursuit of the good and the true and the beautiful.
Our vision is to build toward such a facility, and to do so at 3260 Northside Drive, our home.
As we look to our future, our sense of place becomes increasingly important. Our students need room to thrive. The 2014-15 Launching a Classic campaign allowed us to open our doors, while the 2016-17 Building on Purpose campaign allowed us to secure our permanent home and expand to upper school classrooms. With this foundation in place, the next phase of our journey is possible and we can begin to build toward permanent infrastructure.
On the Shoulders of Giants Giving Levels**:
- Giants Circle $500,000+
- Einstein Club $250,000 – $499,999
- Newton Club $100,000 – $249,999
- Galileo Club $50,000 – $99,999
- Copernicus Club $10,000 – $49,999
- Kepler Club $1,000 – $9,999
- Cornerstone Club Up to $1,000
**Leadership gift levels and recognition opportunities forthcoming.